To start off Birth Control Appreciation Day, I decided to make an informative masterpost on contraceptives! I hope this helps anyone who may want more information on their birth control or someone trying to decide what kind of birth control is best for themselves! Happy (birth control) hunting! - PaigeDIFFERENT TYPES OF BIRTH CONTROL:
- Birth Control Pills - [x] [x]
- Mini Pill (Progesterone-only Pill) - [x]
- The Patch (Ortho Evra) - [x] [x]
- The Shot (Depo-Provera) - [x] [x]
- Birth Control Sponge - [x] [x]
- Vaginal Ring (Nuva Ring) - [x] [x]
- Spermicide - [x] [x]
- Implant (Implanon and Nexplanon) - [x] [x]
- IUDs (Mirena, Skyla, and ParaGard) - [x] [x]
- Condoms (Male and Female) - [x]
- Withdrawal (Pullout Method) - [x] [x]
- Diaphragm - [x] [x]
- Breastfeeding - [x]
- Cervical Cap - [x] [x]
- Sterilization (Male and Female) - [x]
- Abstinence - [x] [x]
- Fertility Awareness-Based Methods (FAMs) - [x] [x]COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT BIRTH CONTROL:
- Do certain medications make my birth control less effective?
- Can I delay or eliminate my period with my birth control?
- Will my pregnancy tests come out with an accurate result while I’m on birth control?
- Can I use several birth control pills at once in replace of an emergency contraceptive?
- Does birth control cause weight gain?
- What should I do if I miss a pill?
- What should I do if the condom breaks or slips off inside of me?
- If I’m on the ring or the patch and I forget to replace it on the right day, do I need to use backup?
- I’ve heard that the birth control ring can pop out. What should I do if this happens?
- Can birth control increase my risk of getting cancer?
- Can you change your mind after having a tubal ligation or vasectomy?
- Is it normal to spot or bleed in between periods while on birth control?
- Does certain hormonal birth controls affect my blood pressure?
- Can being overweight affect my birth control’s effectiveness?
- Can certain birth controls lower my libido?EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTIVES:
- Types of EC: Plan B / Ella / ParaGard IUD - [x] [x]
- What are emergency contraceptives?
- How do they work?
- How well does it work?
- What are the side effects?
- When should I take an emergency contraceptive?
- Are emergency contraceptives less effective the heavier you are?
- If I am under the age of 18 in the US, can I buy emergency contraceptives without my parent’s knowledge or consent?
- If I take an emergency contraceptive today, am I covered if I have unprotected sex tomorrow?
- Will taking emergency contraceptives too many times affect my fertility?
- To find more questions and answers about emergency contraceptives, you can go here.
- Información anticonceptivos de emergencia es disponible en Español, aquí.OPTIONS FOR PEOPLE WITH ALLERGIES AND/OR CERTAIN
- Condoms for people with latex allergies.
- Condoms for vegans. [x] [x] [x]
- Other vegan contraceptive options.
- Different types of birth control without estrogen.
- Contraceptives without any hormones.
- Birth control methods that are useful to people with religious concerns. [x] [x]OTHER BENEFITS OF TAKING BIRTH CONTROL:
- Taking oral contraceptives can help lower the risk of endometrial and ovarian cancer.
- Using birth control helps treat acne.
- Birth control can help treat the pain caused by Endomitriosis.
- Contraceptives offer relief to people with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
- Anemia can be avoided/treated by using birth control.
- Irregular periods can become more regulated by using birth control.
- The pill can lead to fewer ectopic pregnancies.MYTHS ABOUT BIRTH CONTROL (All the myths below are dispelled
through the links given):
- Emergency contraceptives and birth control pills cause abortions.
- Free contraceptives and/or condoms makes people participate in risky sexual behavior.
- The pill makes you gain a lot of weight.
- Douching after sex prevents pregnancy.
- You have to start your birth control on a Sunday.
- Taking the pill for a long time can make you infertile.
- Hormonal contraceptives protect you from contracting STIs.
- You don’t need to be on birth control while breastfeeding.
- I won’t get pregnant my first time having sex.
- The Pill is effective immediately after you take it.
- I won’t get pregnant if I shower or pee after sex.
- My body needs a rest from birth control at least once a year.
- Emergency contraceptives are affected by alcohol.
My mold allergy is so bad I can’t even see the mold but I know what room it’s in and it made me so nauseas that I threw up water. No dinner tonight, throwing away the blanket that I used to stop the dish washer from leaking tomorrow, they can’t repair it until next Monday. On the bright side the job hunt has gone excellent so far!
I finally got the keys to my new apartment yesterday after I stopped pretending to be nice after they stalled for nearly a week with made up reasons not to hand over the keys (long, long story, too annoying to go into again, I’m past that).
Today I move my stuff from storage to my apartment, but I’m not going to close my storage before the one free month is nearly up because things are unpredictable and I’m not sure if I’ll never need it again in the next 20 days.
So, I go get the parking pass and then move my stuff in, I expect the whole process will be 5 hours of feeling sweaty and gross, U-haul has no climate control in their storage, I was literally dripping sweat onto the boxes I was moving into the storage on Monday. It’s a very cool day today though.
I might not have internet on my laptop for as long as 2-3 weeks minimum if it’s not automatic and free like it was at my apartment in Minneapolis.
And I have a dish washer for the first time EVER in my adult life, I probably won’t know what to make of it at first, the idea of not doing dishes by hand is weird to me. But what a time saver!
I’m going to go in and wash my clothes (they have on site laundry, thank gawd) and while that’s going unpack and store all my boxes. I don’t own much, literally all my belongings INCLUDING 2 mattresses, a bike, 2 lamps and a vacuum, fit in a 8’x4’x6’ storage room, and didn’t even take up the whole space.
I can’t wait to finally relax, but I probably wont, I’ll probably spend the rest of the day job hunting like crazy online, especially if my laptop lets me online.
So I officially live in NYC now!
Sadly I never did get to go while I still lived in Minneapolis (I need to update my profile - I live in NYC now and the vegan restaurants seem endless, I love it, my budget does not), aside from going in to chill and read vegan books but not buy anything. :( I almost went with my vegan ex and vegan uncle but the latter wasn’t able to make it and it was right before I moved. I would however recommend any shake or smoothie or juice for sure, those seem to never go wrong anywhere you go. If you’re not used to raw then the raw meals might be weird and cold and not fun to eat, but anything like kale chips, any drink, stuff like that should be fun, those are some of my favorite raw options from elsewhere. Have fun there! :)
stop acting like girls with internalized misogyny are a bigger problem for women and girls than misogynistic men just so you can blame sexism on women.
|—||Elizabeth Olsen (via artmafias)|
8 vegetables that you can regrow again and again.
You can regrow scallions by leaving an inch attached to the roots and place them in a small glass with a little water in a well-lit room.
When garlic begins to sprout, you can put them in a glass with a little water and grow garlic sprouts. The sprouts have a mild flavor than garlic and can be added to salads, pasta and other dishes.
Bok choy can be regrown by placing the root end in water in a well-lit area. In 1-2 weeks , you can transplant it to a pot with soil and grow a full new head.
Put carrot tops in a dish with a little water. Set the dish in a well-lit room or a window sill. You’ll have carrot tops to use in salads.
Put clippings from basil with 3 to 4-inch stems in a glass of water and place it in direct sunlight. When the roots are about 2 inches long, plant them in pots to and in time it will grow a full basil plant.
Cut off the base of the celery and place it in a saucer or shallow bowl of warm water in the sun. Leaves will begin to thicken and grow in the middle of the base, then transfer the celery to soil.
Put romaine lettuce stumps in a 1/2 inch of water. Re-water to keep water level at 1/2 inch. After a few days, roots and new leaves will appear and you can transplant it into soil.
The stems of cilantro will grown when placed in a glass of water. Once the roots are long enough, plant them in a pot in a well-lit room. You will have a full plant in a few months.
great info… pass it on!
I need this right now. This is great info!
Kittens and mango juice
I can’t deal with how cute this is.
Just got back from my sister’s place yesterday. I spent a lot of time helping her with her organic garden.
She now currently has the following:
Cucumber, zucchini, cantaloupe, lemon cucumber*, blackberry*, raspberry*, roma tomato, cherry tomato, 1-2 other tomato varieties, ground cherry, carrots*, sugar snap pea, onion*, black peanuts, goji berry, wheat grass*, florence fennel*, strawberry corn*, white corn*.
That’s just what I can recall, so over 20 different varieties of fruits and veggies, all heirloom, organic, non-GMO, some grown from seeds by her and I*, some purchased already growing. Organic gardening is so much fun. :)
Picked some fruits and veggies from the garden! I don’t know what to do with all of these grapes…
share them with meeeeee
Wow I wish. Grapes are the bestttt. I can’t even imagine homegrown.
All natural food is so beautiful, I almost don’t want to eat it, but that doesn’t last long. <3
Any reason other people have not to eat meat works for me, but these people are still stupid as fuck, they don’t even know if the photo is real.